Disaster struck our house last weekend. In the form of Josie’s first bout with the stomach flu. Poor baby, you should’ve seen her…wild-eyed and scared to death of what had just come out of her tiny mouth. (First and last gross part of the post, I promise).
As soon as we discovered this horrible turn of events, I immediately sent Ryan to the store for grape juice. Yes. Grape Juice. 100% Concord Grape Juice with no sugar added is THE ONE THING that will prevent the spread of stomach flu.
So follow these simple instructions the next time one of your family members (coworkers, etc) gets taken down by the stomach flu:
- At the first sign of the flu invading your home, drop everything. EVERYTHING. And run to the store to buy 100% Concord Grape Juice with no sugar added. The no sugar added is important. Brand is not.
- Drink 8 ounces 3 or 4 times per day until the flu has left the premises.
- The end.
- No, seriously. That’s it.
- This should go without saying, but don’t attempt to give the grape juice to the flu-ridden. That would not be pretty.
- At the first sign that you may have the flu, discontinue the grape juice. Again, not pretty. But, probably not likely, since the grape juice is a miracle-working drink.
- Please note, the grape juice doesn’t CURE the stomach flu, it prevents the spread of stomach flu. So there will still be one family member that has to take one for team. If that’s you, sorry ‘boutcha! But your entire family will thank you for reading this and heeding my very wise words.
- During cold and flu season, maybe just keep a bottle of grape juice at the house just in case. We don’t keep juice in our house at all, so the late night run to the store was mandatory. Next time, I’ll be more prepared.
- Some may say that red wine has the same powerful effect. However, I have not tested this theory, nor do I intend to. Seems a little risky if you ask me.
So how does this tale end? Ryan and I remained healthy and flu-free! (This isn’t our first time using this technique either — it’s tried and true!) Turns out, Josie got this stomach bug from daycare. A few of the other kids got it over the weekend as well, but guess who else got it? Their parents! If only they had known…..
Cheers to good health and whatever works to keep us healthy!